Okomu cannot exist without constant interaction with the environment. It is a key pillar of its business to ensure the preservation of the ecosystem and the protection of the biodiversity. Okomu knows the value, importance, and necessity of sustainably managing its operations so that the present needs of society are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs and enjoy the same resources we have today. Okomu is committed to minimizing its environmental impact through:
- Implementing and maintaining an environmental management system,
- Prevention of land, air and water pollution through chemical use reduction, resource conservation, waste reduction, recycling and reuse and proper waste disposal in every area of activity,
- Prevent soil erosion and degradation through adoption of best practices in agricultural management.
This commitment is not only reflected in its compliance with the ISO 14001 environmental standard and the RSPO certification, but also in Okomu’s daily activities and compliance with extant environmental laws and regulations. The details of its commitments to, and actions for, environmental protection are available on the environmental policy.
Environmental and Social Mitigation
Plan Review 2022
Okomu Oil Palm Company PLC (OOPC) is initiating a biennial review cycle of its Environmental and Social Mitigation Plan. The objective of this process is to review and update the plan to ensure that all identified control measures are still effective, update as necessary and demonstrate OOPC’s compliance to RSPO Principles and Criteria
- Project Kick-off
- 30 days public consultation
- Community Consultation
- Internal Stakeholders Consultation
- Revision of Plan considering all stakeholders’ inputs
- Management Approval
Feedback and comments from stakeholders are crucial in preparing a participatory and comprehensive plan. As such, reviews and feedback can be submitted from 01.04.2022 to 29.04.2022 by OOPC stakeholders via firstname.lastname@example.org or through http://okomunigeria.com/contact/.