At Okomu, we strive to ensure continuous improvement of our operations and sustainability of our management system by monitoring our activities with certification systems.
As an international player in responsible tropical agriculture, it is important for us to comply with globally recognized and shared quality standards. Within the context of these certifications, and for transparency purposes, we rely on neutral third-party structures to regularly assess our performance.
Our certifications assure all stakeholders that our management systems are compliant with best management practices within our sector. Okomu has consistently obtained ISO 9001 in 2012, ISO 14001 in 2014 – is currently still certified – and ISO 45001:2018 certifications over a number of years and is the first company in Edo State Nigeria to obtain RSPO certification. The following certifications are currently held by our Company:
- ISO 9001: quality management
- ISO 14001: environmental management and continuous improvement of our operations
- ISO 45001: occupational health and safety management
- RSPO: global standards for sustainable palm oil
- Halal Assurance System
The RSPO principles and criteria (P&C) were reviewed in 2018 and strengthened with 7 general principles, 50 criteria and 180 indicators. All these are further grouped into 3 impact goals:
- PROSPERITY: Ensure a competitive, resilient, and sustainable sector.
- PEOPLE: Ensure sustainable livelihoods and poverty reduction.
- PLANET: Ensure the conservation, protection and enhancement of ecosystems that provide for the next generation.