WORKPLACE HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Okomu Oil Palm Company is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our workers and stakeholders. We believe that all incidents and occupational illnesses are preventable, and we will work relentlessly to improve our safety performance towards zero incidents.
This requires us to work towards ensuring that we take all practicable steps to protect people involved in OOPC operations from harm. Our goal is to send everyone home safely every day.
This policy applies to all employees contractors (including temporary contractors and third party staff) of OOPC.
This policy can be done by:
- The ongoing implementation of our Integrated Management System Policy.
- Development and implementation of Minimum Standards for Safety, Environment and Process Safety.
- Ongoing development of the global IMS reporting platform and the continued development of an open reporting culture.
- Seeking continuous improvement to health and safety performance through setting annual objectives, targets, KPIs and focus areas, measurement of progress against our goals and communication to our stakeholders.
- Running an internal audit program and expanding existing audit programs.
- Engaging our people to build and maintain a safe workplace.
- Development and delivery of training and education material to improve workers skills and awareness of IMS requirements and practices.
- Complying with all local and national legislation.
- Investigate all incidents to the root cause and make Corrective and Preventive Action Plans to avoid reoccurrence.
- Regular monitoring of PPE compliance and safety hazardous within the workplace.
This policy is to be read in conjunction with the:
- High Risk Assessment- GP08
- Environmental Policy
- Incident and Hazard Reporting- GP18
- Safe Work Permit- GP20
- Boiler Room Operation- GP29 (oil mill and rubber)
- Emergency Preparedness and Response- GP12
- The HSE Manager shall ensure implementation and monitoring of this policy.