INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT POLICY
The Okomu Oil Palm Company Plc (OOPC) is determined to achieve sustained success by meeting the needs and expectations of our customers and other interested parties, over the long term and in a balanced way.
To that end, OOPC is committed to:
- Providing customers with high quality products and services which meet requirements and are fit for their purpose.
- Understanding, satisfying and taking into account the current and future needs and expectations of the customers and other interested parties; to build with them mutually beneficial relations on the basis of a balance of interests and achievement of the goals in accordance with the Company's development strategy.
- Maintaining existing and developing new markets for production and services, to adapt to new requirements in order to ensure competitive advantages.
- Taking into account the external and internal factors of the business environment and to manage risks and opportunities in accordance with the Risk Management Policy of the Company.
- Complying with all international, national laws and the Company's own health, safety, quality and environmental legislation's, laws, regulations and other requirements related to our activities, products and services.
- Enhancing the skills of management and staff through review and actively pursuing an on-going training policy, the objective of which is to prepare staff to perform their work more effectively.
- Advocating the adoption of prudent health, safety, environmental and quality principles to our vendors, suppliers, and customers and prevention of the supply of unsatisfactory quality products and services, labor hazards and environmental pollution.
- Reduce and eliminate the generation of waste and emissions at the source, prevent pollution, conserve natural resources, sustainable resource use, protection of biodiversity and ecosystem and make all efforts to recycle when practical.
- Integrating health and safety considerations into decision making at all levels to prevent injury and ill health risks to our people and ensuring the participation and consultation of all employees and their representatives in the occupational health and safety management system.
- Involving all employees in improvement and innovation and generating awareness amongst all concerned for their roles and responsibilities in ensuring effective quality, environment, and health & safety management systems.
- Providing all the resources of equipment, human, technical and any other requirements to promote the Integrated Management System.
- Promoting the Integrated Management System and continually improving its effectiveness through the use of the IMS policy, targets and objectives, audit results, monitoring and measurement, analysis of data, corrective and preventive actions and management review.
- Communicating this policy to all persons working for or on behalf of the organization and its stakeholders and making it available to any interested party.
- Reviewing of this policy annually or following significant changes to our business practices.
The Managing Director confirms the commitment and support, along with that of all employees and those working on behalf of the Company, to the above policy statement and the effective application and continual improvement of the integrated management system.