Whistle blowing policy
Doing business with Okomu is easy if you are willing and capable of complying with our basic policies that brings dignity to work and enhances/protect our integrity.
One of such is the Whistle Blowing Policy. Find policy statement below.
- POLICY STATEMENT
This policy is intended to encourage staff and others to report suspected or actual occurrences of
illegal, unethical or inappropriate events (behaviours or practices) confidentially, without fear of
The policy is designed to deal with bona fide concerns raised in relation to issues relating to
fraud, corruption, misconduct and malpractice within OOPC.
This policy is applicable to all staff, contractors, third parties, visitors, suppliers and non
stakeholders of OOPC.
4.1 Whistle blower: Is anyone who exposes (reports) fraud, extortion, or sabotage to the relevant authority as described herein.
- OOPC is committed to the aims and objectives of an effective whistle blower protection program.
- Crimes against person or property, such as assault, rape, burglary etc. should immediately be
reported to the relevant authority, namely, security (08134631183/07050230442) or law
- OOPC does not tolerate improper conduct, as defined herein, by its employees, executives,
clients, stakeholders and/or customers.
- OOPC recognises the value of transparency and accountability in its administrative and
management practices, and supports the making of disclosures that reveal corrupt conduct,
conduct involving a substantial mismanagement of company resources, conduct involving a
substantial risk to our employee's, stakeholders or customers' health and safety, or conduct that
represents a risk to the environment.
- OOPC will not tolerate any action, including reprisals, against those whistleblowers who come
forward in good faith to disclose such conduct. If any of the above mentioned in the scope of this
policy retaliate against the whistle blower (who reports an event in good faith) will be subject to
severe disciplinary action, including termination of their employment or their contract and/or
legal action against them by OOPC.
- The identity of the whistle blower shall at all times remain confidential to the persons directly
involved in implementing this policy, unless the issue requires investigation by law enforcement,
in which case members of the organization may be subject to subpoena.
Any whistle blower with vital information of pertaining to alleged theft, fraud, extortion, corruption,
assault and/or sabotage should send such information to email@example.com or send a text to
08060361068. Alternatively, information can be placed in any information Box, either at the Staff
Club House, OOPC Main Gate or any information boxes situated within selected communities.