SPEED LIMITERS POLICY
All drivers/operators must always take note of the following:
- The maximum speed limit on all of Okomu’s plantation roads and those connecting Okomu to Extension 1 is 40km/h for vehicles and 30km/h for lorries.
- Speed limits for vehicles within residential houses is 10km/h and school areas is 5km/h
- This speed limit can be seen on warning signs displayed on these roads.
- Drivers/operators are also to obey all traffic laws applicable in Nigeria, including wearing seat belts whether or not they are on public or private Okomu roads.
- In addition, the speed limiter which is fitted according to Nigerian law on vehicles is set at this speed(between 40km/h to 90km/h) to comply with these standard regulations.
- Drivers/operators are not permitted to tamper with, disconnect/connect the speed limiters at any time at the risk of a serious sanction or even termination/removal from the company and/or charges for any damages incurred.
- Only the Workshop Manager is permitted to alter the speed of the speed limiter. Consequently, drivers/operators should contact their direct superior authority for permission in this regard.
- Any person captured on satellite camera over speeding will face serious sanction by Management.
- All drivers/operators shall have valid driver’s licenses.
- All drivers/operators shall sign off that they have read and understood OOPC Vehicle SOP and all applicable rules pertaining to driving OOPC vehicles as contained in the Vehicle SOP.