PROTECTION OF REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS
Doing business with Okomu is easy if you are willing and capable of complying with our basic policies that brings dignity to work and enhances/protect our integrity.
One of such is the protection of reproductive rights policy. Find policy statement below.
- POLICY STATEMENT
OOPC has a strong guiding principle that the appropriate way to ensure equality in the workplace is to respect the reproductive rights of women.
Okomu Oil Palm Company (OOPC) aims to fulfill its obligations under this policy by removing any barriers that prevent women from achieving equality and seek to protect the reproductive rights of women.
The policy applies to employees and contractors (including temporary contractors) of OOPC. This policy does not form part of any employee's contract of employment or contractor's services.
4.1 Reproductive rights: legal rights and freedom relating to reproduction and reproductive health.
4.2 Woman: any member of the female sex irrespective of age or status.
OOPC has devised the following measures to protect the reproductive rights of women and promote gender equality at work.
- Constitute a gender committee, which will include representatives from all departments of OOPC specifically to address areas of reproductive concern to women.
- Workplace consultation regarding issues relating to equal opportunity for all staff, contract workers and third-party workers.
- Sensitization and awareness for women about their reproductive rights.
- Ensure that no work with chemicals, especially pesticides, is undertaken by pregnant or breast-feeding women.
- Give women specific break times or shift work schedules to enable effective breastfeeding.
- The Grievance Management Procedure (GP27) should be followed if any of the above rights are perceived to have been violated.
- The HRD shall manage, monitor and oversee this policy.